Art Through the Eyes of
One Man Show
Crossland Gallery, El Paso, TX.
April 30th opening night: 5 to 8pm.
Show ends May 30th.
Born in 1952 in Hot Springs, N.M., Warren Smart was raised in a family of farmers/ranchers and teachers outside of Albuquerque, N.M. During his formative years, he worked on farms in New Mexico, Texas, and Kansas, which is often reflected in paintings.
The unique aspects of his work are vivid, velvet-like skies and his technique of using watercolors to achieve the textural qualities and brilliance of color usually found only in oil paintings.
Purchased works include an 8 foot by 4 foot painting displayed at The Hyatt Regency Tamaya on the Santa Ana Pueblo and paintings purchased by collectors in Florida, Texas, New Mexico, Colorado, Arizona, and California.
- Art International - 2005; 2006; 2007; 2008; 2009; 2010
- 2007 El Paso Art Association's 40th International Juried Show, Purchase Awards
- 2006 El Paso Art Association's 39th International Juried Show, Sponsors' Awards
- 2006 Grant County Art Guild's 21st Juried Show, Juried Recognition
- 2005 El Paso Art Association's 38th Art International Juried Show, Sponsors' Award
- Rio Bravo Watercolorist, El Paso, TX
- El Paso Art Association, El Paso, TX