Acrylic is the medium of choice for southwest artist Elizabeth Galvin from El Paso, TX.
Please visit the rest of Elizabeth's gallery as well as Artists of the Southwest's other
outstanding work by southwestern artists. Thanks.
After her childhood in El Paso, Texas, Ms. Galvin attended Northwestern University in Chicago, graduating with a BS degree in journalism and advertising. As she began her advertising career in Chicago, she also began attending art courses at the Chicago Art Institute, thus starting her life-long passion for creating fine art.
Eventually Ms. Galvin returned to El Paso to work for the advertising firm of SWG&M where she became a partner. There she directed innumerable projects in advertising art and wrote and illustrated children's books. For the past ten years, she has devoted full time to painting in her studio in El Paso.
Ms. Galvin's paintings and fabric are in numerous private and corporate collections throughout the United States and Mexico.
One Person Exhibits
- 2005 JME Studios, Las Cruces, NM
- 2003 JME Studios, Las Cruces, NM
- 2000 Counterpoint Gallery, Midnight Muse Collection, Gallery, El Paso, TX
- 2006 Arts International Annual Exhibit, El Paso, TX. Received Purchase Award
- 2002 Bridge Center for Contemporary Art, El Paso, TX
- 2000 Arts International Annual Exhibit, El Paso, TX. Second Place in Show for Painting "Cibola One".
- 1998 Seven Plus Seven Exhibit, Bridge Center for Contemporary Art, El Paso, TX
- 1997 Two-person exhibit at Museo de Arqueologia, Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, Mexico
- 1995 Two-person exhibit at Artspace 2300 Gallery, El Paso, TX
- 1994 Arts International Annual Exhibit, El Paso, TX
- 1993 Arts International Annual Exhibit, El Paso, TX
Be sure to visit Elizabeth's website: www.elizabethgalvin.com.